its not a movie title - its just the number of days that has passed till the 2006 edition of the soccer world cup was kicked off in Munich. so after 72 hours, these are some of the thoughts that are refusing to die..
1. whats the bigger worry in german camp now.."is it their young defence, who look like who can leak a goal like a new born baby anytime" or "the supposed clash between the inspirational ballack and the once inspirational klinsmann..hopefully for germany's sake, this doesn't turn out to be like chappell-ganguly spat"..
2. germany can score..and bring on ballack and they can score at will..
3. england played like true englishman - dull, dour and dumb..their post match interviews were also in-sync with their english spirit..whine whine and whine more..
4. argentina play football like vienna orchestra...with their genius riquelme conducting the orchestra and the rest playing to his tunes perfectly..imagine what would happen when messi steps in to spotlight..
5. "Go oranje"..thats my "uno" team for the world cup...they dominated their possession but their attack lacked bite and let me down..mr.k is chewing his nails and worried if oranje can beat ivory coast and argentina..
6. portugal played well..score sheet does not justify their talent..they can go deep in to this tournament..but don't expect them to win.
7. good job by the carribbean team..at least they are better than their cricketing brothers..
what to watch out for
azzuris...can they put their match fixing scandal behind them and gel together..mr.k has long been an admirer of the azzuris, ever since the "divine ponytail" dazzled in the 90 and 94 editions..lady luck has not been kind to the boyz from the "shoe shaped land" but this could be the year..after all when they last won the world cup in 1982, some of their key players like rossi were banned for match fixing..if totti can play as well as he does when entertains the crowds of rome, the italians have it in them to win the world cup..
so after three days, i am not complaining, two of the my four favorites - dutch and argentina have won and the two remaining - italy and spain look strong..
forza italia..go oranje..viva argentina..exult espana..
footnote - did roger federer blew his chance to win all four..:(..