Friday, March 23, 2007

i said it, but ofcourse

.. I din't mean it..

why is it that some people have the gift of saying things that they never intended to mean it, how is it that this gift continues to exist with them often?. do they not realize that by being so consistent with it, they are asking their credibility to walk out of the door..and if credibility is not around, how soon before its partner respect is asked to leave..

the following text is excerpted from "The Kite Runner"

"would i ever lie to you, amir agha" . Suddenly i decided to toy with him a little. "i dont know, would you". "I'd sooner eat dirt " he said with a look of indignation.

"Really? You'd do that? "

He threw me a puzzled look. "Do What"?

"Eat Dirt if i asked you to". I said. Hassan's face changed..........

"But I wonder, if you would ever ask me to do such a thing, Amir Agha", and just like that he has thrown his loyalty test.he'd toy with me, he was testing my integrity.

I forced a smile, "don't be stupid, Hassan, you know i wouldn't". Hassan returned the smile and his was not forced.

And thats the thing about the people who mean everything they say. They think everyone else does too.

--- Khaled Hosseini

and for people who don't have this gift, praise the lord - it's a blessing in disguise

1 comment:

Inigo Fernando said...

nice blog dude and "i mean it"